Monday, September 5, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 9/6/11

If you're a Campaigner stopping by (or just someone who might like a bit of flash fiction), I will be doing my Campaign Challenge flash fiction piece on Thursday. I hope you'll come back by then!









Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This one is from a memoir, which makes it a tad different than my usual reading material, but I'm an equal opportunity reader!

From I Think I Can, I Think I Can, by M.J. Brett (a Colorado Springs author and member of my Pen Women group):

"Do old people think we don't understand what they're saying, or that we're too little to remember? I've thought about it a lot, and sometimes I think I remember most everything, but not the thing I most want to know."

The back jacket:

What do an unknown soldier, a Victorian zealot, Ferdinand the Bull, an old philosophical farmer, a mean Army colonel, a progressive young doctor, and a stepmother have in common? All become part of the thinking of an abandoned child who just wants to know WHY.

How she learns to accept what she can't change, and change what she can through forgiveness of herself and others is the crux of this tender tale of a child's view of the world. Her quest to find her origins and the why of the matter take her from a farm in Missouri to a stage in Hollywood, to a satisfying realization of the mysteries of life.


What are you reading right now? Care to share a teaser?

May you find your Muse.

15 comments:

Obsession with Books said...

An interesting teaser..

My TT, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Have a nice week.

Belinda said...

Sounds good!

The Bookish Snob's Teaser Tuesday

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A good teaser.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Ohh I really like that... now I want to know more:)

Here's mine: http://tfwalsh.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/teaser-tuesday-handling-the-undead/

Also, did my 10 random facts about me..:)

Crystal said...

Wow... Sounds like a good read, and I love memoirs!

MG Higgins said...

I read your teaser a couple of times. It's very good. I've got PETER NIMBLE AND HIS FANTASTIC EYES on my side table and will be cracking it open tonight.

Heather said...

I'm reading Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead. I'd give you an excerpt but it's locked away in a room with sleeping children that I don't want to disturb!

Anonymous said...

Intriguing teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday.html

Mark said...

I find it difficult to write flash fiction (I'm a bit more long-winded). But I've been reading lots of Pirate stories lately and will probably continue with that:)

Bex said...

An interesting teaser! Good choice. My teaser can be found here!

Jo Schaffer said...

Interesting book...

Julie @ Read Handed said...

This really sounds like a worthwhile book. Thanks for the teaser. If you get a chance, mine is here.

Brittani said...

Interesting teaser.

Here's mine: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-4.html

-Brittani

Rebecca said...

nice teaser

Shannon Lawrence said...

Sharon, you, too!

Belinda, it is!

Yvonne, thanks!

Tania, I'll come check them out!

Crystal, I'm learning that I enjoy them. It seems like it's harder to get through the sad parts when I know the person.

MG, that's an interesting title.

Heather, oh, I can definitely understand not getting that teaser!

TB Mama, I'm glad it was intriguing!

Mark, I'm also long-winded when it comes to writing (which is funny, because I'm not so much in person). I like pirates!

Rebecca, thanks!

Mama Zen, it is!

Jo, it is! It's interesting to see what kids went through during WWII.

Julie, I have definitely found it worthwhile, so far.

Brittani, thanks!

Becca, thanks!