Monday, September 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 9/13/11







Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This teaser is from Werewolf Smackdown, by Mario Acevedo (Denver author), p.12:

"The giant crab tumbled straight for me. I dove forward at vampire speed."

From the back cover:

Felix Gomez, Latino vampire detective extraordinaire, tackles a dangerous werewolf cabal in the fifth installment in Mario Acevedo's satirical supernatural series.

A sure-to-be-bloody civil war is brewing between rival werewolf factions, and P.I. Felix Gomez will do anything he can to make sure it doesn't explode into a vicious battle that engulfs all creatures, living and dead.

Between that, the sudden reappearance of an ex-girlfriend, and a gang of other vampires trying to take off his head, this is one rumble even a fanged detective extraordinaire may not be able to handle.


May you find your Muse.

12 comments:

Arianne The Bookworm said...

wow, nice teaser. and the synopsis is even more intriguing! i think i'm gonna like that book (werewolf smackdown) thanks for the recent visit! :)

Amanda Leigh Cowley said...

Giant crabs... very intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

Kyanara_BJD said...

What a wonderfull teaser!

have a great Tuesday!
Kyanara from Laced Little Muffin's Reading Corner

Karen and Gerard said...

This one sounds like it might be silly. I take it vampires are fast?

Here's ours, 3 this week: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/09/tuesday-teasers.html

Crystal said...

I'm loving these Teaser Tuesday posts from my bloggy friends - I'm totally getting tons of material for my TBR list! ;-)

Unknown said...

This is a great idea for a simple but thought-provoking blogpost.

I got side tracked by "I dove forward at vampire speed."

Vampiric?

Cherie Reich said...

Very cool teaser! I love the name of the book too. :)

Unknown said...

The title alone teases but the piece was really good! Thanks for sharing, this one I'm going to check out!

Nice to meet you! I'm new here on this side of blogging land!

Unknown said...

Werewolf Smackdown?! That may be the most awesome title ever! Cool teaser, very intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

Liz said...

I'm not reading anything right now! I don't have time! Isn't that sad??

Rebecca said...

nice teaser

Shannon Lawrence said...

Claire, excellent title, isn't it? I liked the book!

Amanda, indeed! Giant crabs! Well, one.

Kyanara, thanks!

Karen and Gerard, they are in Acevedo's world. Wow, three, I will be there in a few!

Crystal, I've added so many books to my wish list since I started going around to these!

Elaine, despite the title, the main character's a vampire. Vampiric speed?

Cherie, I love the title, too. Had to have it when I saw it!

Jen, thanks!

Andrea, all of his titles are great! Though I think this is the first without something a bit dirty in it.

Liz, it is! Given, it's also good to be busy, but not TOO busy.

Becca, thanks!