Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Would You Like Some Terror With Your Romance?


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


For the first teaser, I've got Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich.

"New Jersey was 40,000 feet below me, obscured by cloud cover. Heaven was above me, beyond the thin skin of the plane. And hell was sitting four rows back." p.3







The book I'm reading on e-reader this week is fellow blogger Aric Mitchell's The Congregation.

"At first Marco thought he would have to kill it. But upon closer examination, he could see that it was, in fact, a woman, and that at one time she had been very beautiful." 31% progress in Kindle.






These are two incredibly different books. One is comedy and romance, while the other is pure horror. Both, as it turns out, are quite good.

Come back Wednesday for [Mostly] Wordless Wednesday, Thursday for some helpful links (contests and a blog hop), and Friday for an interview with James Hutchings.

What are you reading this week?

May you find your Muse.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read a bit of Evanovich, and the second book looks really intriguing. I love horror.

Kimberly said...

I have friends who've been telling me to read the Plum series. Nice teaser :)

Here's mine: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday_13.html

Kat
Wit and Sin

Unknown said...

I am only on book four in the Stephanie Plum series but I have most of them ready to go. Great series so far. I love Joe Morelli!

Visit My Teaser Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to read the Plum series for awhile now but can't seem to get to it. You teaser just bumped it up my TBR pile.

My TT

Unknown said...

Creepy cover!
Good teaser, not a novel for me though i'm afraid, i don't 'do' being creeped out very well LOL.

Here's my TT:
http://ttoria.blogspot.com

TToria
xo

gautami tripathy said...

Interesting teaser! I wanna check it out!!!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: A Fair to Remember by Stacey Joy Netzel post!

Karen and Gerard said...

I think I'd prefer the comedy romance one. Loved that first teaser!

Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/12/tuesday-teasers.html

Cherie Reich said...

Ooo...very good teasers for both books.

Mark said...

Seems like terror and romance are a winning combo in today's market...i.e. the Twilight series;)

Anonymous said...

Great teaser. I love the Stephanie Plum Series. I have read the more recent books though.

Anonymous said...

a scary cover, good teaser.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday_13.html

Rebecca said...

great teaser

danicapage said...

The Congregation sounds scary.

I've read some of Janet Evanovich's books. They are hilarious.

Here's my pick: http://danicapage.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesday-11.html

Scarlett Clay said...

Alas, life affords me no time for pleasure reading at the moment, BUT this is a cool idea and I do this very thing when I need inspiration for art/drawings.
Those two books are different! Variety is the spice of life, as they say! Hope you're having a great week!

~Scarlett

J.A. Kazimer said...

So what do you think about Evanovich's series? I read them religiously until 15, and now every time I pick one up, I roll my eyes. They're too campy for me, which is saying something. I'll take your word for it if I should read 16, 17 and 18.

I'm currently reading Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I love her stuff.

Christine Rains said...

Fabulous teasers! I want to read both of them.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Medeia, if you like horror, especially dark, evil horror, you'll like this!

Kat, I really enjoy the Plum series! It's definitely at least worth trying out!

Jennifer, I can't decide between Morelli and Ranger; I choose both!

Mirka, it's so worth it!

TToria, definitely not for you, but the first book is super funny, if you like humor books.

Gautami, they're both really good books! I recommend starting with the first Plum novel (I think it's "One for the Money").

Karen (and/or Gerard!), it's a good one!

Cherie, thanks! There were lots to choose from.

Trisha said...

These teasers always give me more books to read. As if I need anymore!!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Mark, there's terror in those books!? ;-p

Steph, I also enjoy the Plum books! I'm holding out on an opinion of the newest series, but it stands a chance, I think.

TBM, it's a good cover, too! I read it on e-book, so didn't get to enjoy it other than on here.

Becca, thanks!

Danica, it IS scary, and they are definitely hilarious!

Scarlett, ah, I hope you get time to read soon (though, of course, I hope your reasons for no time are good!) I definitely enjoy variety in my reading, though I can sometimes get lassoed into a hump where I'm reading all the same type of thing.

Julie, I would say if they got too campy for you, not to read the later ones. I'm trying to remember which ones I sort of got blah about, and I don't remember. I do think the series is reaching a place where it is just the same thing over and over. In other words, if you are already over the series, don't read anymore! I like them for a laugh and a break from the horror and UF I usually read.

I haven't heard of her, and will have to look her up. I'm always looking for a good new author.

Christine, I recommend them!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Trisha, I know exactly what you mean!