Wednesday, November 2, 2011

[Mostly] Wordless Wednesday 11/2/11

It may be two days after Halloween, but why not embrace it all year? Okay, okay, maybe just the week?

This [Mostly] Wordless Wednesday photo may not be creepy on its own merit, what with all the sunshine and blue sky, but if you look at it right there's plenty to see. I'd love to photograph this particular formation on a foggy day or with a storm in the background, something to properly set the scene.


I call this Gargoyle Rock. No, that's not its proper name, but if I'm playing tour guide I can call it whatever I want!! It is, of course, a rock formation at Garden of the Gods, here in Colorado Springs.

Though I call it Gargoyle Rock, it can be seen in other ways. You know the demon (devil?) from Fantasia? Some days it looks more like him, sitting on a rock, head turned away from me, one big leathery wing hanging down his side, back slightly hunched. He's having an intellectual pause, pondering his evil ways. Where did he go wrong? Would he be happier if he were good? Are wings in this year?

What do YOU see in this rock formation?

May you find your Muse.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a smiling squirrel-or maybe it's a mouse-wearing a hat... that looks like a cartoon character from Disney. Seriously.

It also looks like a giant hand petting a small porcupine, who also looks like something from Disney. I watched waayyyyy too much of Snow White and Cinderella.

Mark said...

Ok, so this pic reminds me of that rock giant in Never-ending Story...yes, I'm a child of the 80s;)

Rebecca said...

great picture

Mike Ruchhoeft said...

I see a partially exposed dragonfly fossil. A pair of wings going off to the left and the long needle part coming down from them.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Sabrina, I like the way your mind works. Very upbeat!

Mark, I am, too! Too bad I can't post pictures in comments, because there is actually a rock formation that really looks like a rock giant. I will have to post one eventually!

Becca, thanks!

Mike, now that you've said that, I can't unsee the dragonfly fosisl. Very cool!

MG Higgins said...

Oh, man, I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning. I'm not seeing anything! Back to the coffee pot.

Shannon Lawrence said...

MG, oh no! Enjoy your coffee, though.