Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 9/20/11







Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This teaser is from Blood Drive, by Jeanne C. Stein:

"Before surprise can register on their faces, I've grabbed both of them by the scruffs of their necks and flung them to the ground. I crouch over them, teeth bared, beyond all reason, snarling like an angry mother bear."

From the back cover:

Anna Strong was a tough-as-nails bounty hunter, until the night she was attacked - and changed forever...

Now that she's a vampire, Anna has superhuman strength and near invincibility. But that doesn't make her life any easier. She's struggling to find her place in the world of the undead as she clings to her connections with the living.

Anna's situation becomes even more complicated when she discovers that her long-dead brother may have had a daughter - and the girl's in serious trouble. There are some very dangerous people after her, but they didn't count on Anna stepping into the fray. Now they're about to learn that to a bounty hunter with an unnatural thirst for blood, even the deadliest human predators are easy prey...


What are you reading?

May you find your Muse.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Hope you are well :-) If I've already introduced myself I apologise. I can't keep up with who I've said Hi to and who I haven't. I am in your YA Group. I'm just trying to catch up with everybody slowly but surely :-).
Fab blog.
Eve x

Cherie Reich said...

Great teaser! BLOOD DRIVE sounds like a good book. Here's my teaser: http://cheriereich.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday-92011.html

Rebecca said...

great teaser

Alice Audrey said...

That blurb makes me want to be a vampire.

Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

Unknown said...

Hi I am a new GFC fan!! <3 I hope you can visit me back at My 2 Cents

**If you post Wordless Wednesday posts I just published my linky as well.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Eve, hi, I know what you mean! I started out organized, but so much for that!

Cherie, coming to check it out!

Becca, thanks!

Alice, I'll be there shortly to check it out!

Valerie, hi! I'll stop by and say hi at your blog today.