Friday, September 2, 2011

Feature Friday Features: "Superman Sammy"

In honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, I thought I would feature the blog Superman Sammy. It is written by Sammy's mom, who details what it's like being the mom of a boy going through treatment of ALL (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia). She details his progress in kicking cancer's *ss and shares with us wonderful times, such as Sammy's Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World.

She has another son, Jack, and she features him in his own blog, as well. It is easy to overlook the child who is well, but she has very obviously not done this. You can find Jack's blog HERE and get an idea of what it's like to have a sibling with ALL.

May you find your Muse.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow... two powerful blogs. What a tough thing for anyone to go through!

MG Higgins said...

Good for you for highlighting this very worthwhile cause on your blog.

Golden Eagle said...

I will have to check out these blogs.

K said...

Thank you for introducing me to Superman Sammy! It is a new blog for me and I appreciate it :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Shannon! We were away and this is the first time I've checked the blog...what an amazing surprise. It is truly appreciated.
Love,
Katy xxx (and Sammy)

Shannon Lawrence said...

Crystal, they truly both are.

MG, it's my pleasure.

Golden Eagle, I hope you do!

K, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Nelson, thank you, I will be by tonight.

Katy, I was happy to be able to do it.