Monday, May 9, 2016

Crazy Month - More Releases - Zombies and Skinwalkers, Grr, Argh!

You know how, two weeks ago, I posted that I'd had two new releases come out with my short stories in them? Within two days of each other?

Well, I had two more new releases in the last two weeks!

This should be the last of this fantastic insanity, at least for a little while. It's been amazing, but each new release has its own requirements for time and effort, so it's been a busy time. I still need to update my author accounts on Amazon and Goodreads. Whoops! I'd meant to do it this weekend, but didn't get around to it.

Here are the two most recent releases!


Through Clouded Eyes: A Zombie's Point of View, which includes my short story, Metamorphosis. What does it feel like to become a zombie? And do you know it's happening?

Purchase at:

Amazon: US | UK | Australia | Canada | Germany | Italy | France | Spain | Japan |Mexico | Brazil | India | The Netherlands
CreateSpace (Print)


The folks at Sirens Call Publishing have been wonderful to work with. I post submission calls from them all the time, as they not only put out a FREE monthly magazine, but also regular anthologies. 


Bloodbond Magazine, which includes my short story, Sound Advice, focuses on shape shifters and other deadly critters. Road trips through Navajo land can be dangerous. Here there be skinwalkers. This short story was written to a creepy soundtrack, which is included in the story, courtesy of my favorite DJ.

Can be purchased from the Alban Lake store.

Bloodbond is part of Alban Lake Publishing, which has magazines in different speculative genres. I believe they have seven magazines at this time, and that they're always open to submissions.

One of the releases from two weeks ago, Once Upon a Scream, is having a Facebook release party this Friday, the 13th! All are welcome to come, and there are prizes and games. Come hang out with horror authors, editors and publishers.

And if you missed it, I was interviewed over at Horroraddicts.net about my short story in Once Upon a Scream. You'll have to scan down, as I wasn't able to pull a direct link to the interview post, for some reason.

I'm going to have some exciting news soon, but I'm waiting on some final details before announcing. (No, it's not a publication contract--I'm not querying anything yet.)

How is your writing world going? What's your favorite type of monster? How was your weekend? Any news to share?

May you find your Muse.





24 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Excellent, Shannon! Keep at it - so inspiring! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

What a clever idea. Does the victim know when they're becoming a zombie and what does it feel like? Congrats on your stories.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shannon - that's brilliant news - and obviously is keeping you precariously poised on your tippy-toes for the next excitement coming your way ...

All the best - cheers and congratulations with the anthologies that are already out .. Hilary

cleemckenzie said...

Great job!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! You've worked so hard submitting your short stories and now it's paying off big time.

Chrys Fey said...

That zombie cover is really creepy. Congratulations on your short story releases! Keep it up. :)

mshatch said...

You HAVE been busy! I haven't been writing as much due to selling my house and moving up the road a ways. I think my favorite monster is a dragon. They're just so bloody clever and I like a clever monster.

tracikenworth said...

Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You are slaughtering it! My writing world is going well, but not as well as yours. :)

klahanie said...

Hi Shannon,

Hearty congrats to you, Shannon. Excellent stuff in regards to your latest releases I'm truly pleased for you and the inspiration you bring.

Gary :)

John Wiswell said...

Congratulations on the double publications, Shannon! That's a good stretch for you.

Mark said...

I've got to admit that writing from a zombie perspective is pretty intriguing/different. As for favorite monsters, I'm terrified of the banshee, if that counts.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you! And yes, it was an intriguing prompt. I wrote it the night I saw the prompt.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you! I do enjoy waiting for the next bit of excitement.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thanks!

Shannon Lawrence said...

It's definitely taken some work, but has been well worth it.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I love to see the new covers each time!

Shannon Lawrence said...

A clever monster is always better than a mindless one. And dragons are animal enough that the lines can be easily blurred, making a reader feel the dragon shouldn't be killed.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thanks!

Shannon Lawrence said...

This was a strange glitch in space and time, not at all the norm!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you! It was a fabulous stretch. Things are moving at a more normal pace now.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I always had a fascination with the banshee when I was a kid. I still remember the first time I heard about them.