Monday, February 9, 2015

Of Mist and Magic Release

Of Mist and Magic, the product of another collaborative music and words project put together by the Divine Miss Sam (Samantha Redstreake Geary), is now available through Amazon! You can find my flash story, Awakening, in its digital pages. This collection is a re-imagining of various fairy tales told for a YA audience. Awakening is a re-imagining of Little Red Riding Hood, set to the song Life After Life from the Of Mist and Magic album by Really Slow Motion.


Enter the world Of Mist And Magic, where fairy tales are reimagined under the influence of Really Slow Motion‘s inspiring music, in this enchanting anthology of short stories. Proceeds of the Amazon exclusive ebook will be donated to Elevate Life and Art studios, an amazing youth organization in Asheville, NC.

Cover design and images by artist Daniel Pennystone.

Of Mist and Magic contributing authors:

FIRE by Amy Willoughby-Burle
THE FOURTH WISH by Crystal Collier
THE WULFING by M. Pax
PIPER by Loni Townsend
AWAKENING by Shannon Kenoyer Lawrence
THE SNAKE PRINCE by C. Lee McKenzie
FAIRY GODMOTHERS WALK AMONG US by Vidya Sury
ROOTED by Ruth Long
THE ONE-LEGGED TIN SOLDIER by Michelle Wallace
BY THE LIGHT OF STARS by Lisa Shambrook
UNTOUCHABLE by SM Blooding
HOOD by Sarah Aisling
OF DREAMS AND DARING by Samantha Redstreake Geary

Of Mist and Magic Writing Contest Winners:
CHILDREN OF WINTER AND SNOW by Hanah Goetz
THE RETURN by Djinnia

Elevate Life and Art Epic Writing Students:

CINDERS & SMOKE by Jenni Camhi
MAGIC TOWER by Carter Lundgren
CELESTIAL GATE by Jeremiah Mimken
STARCHILD by Josiah Mimken
AEORIEN by James Mimken

COLLAPSING UNIVERSE by Caroline Sprenger

E-book only, exclusively available from Amazon for $.99.

So how was your weekend? Have you ever written a different version of an existing fairy tale? How about writing a new fairy tale? Have you ever written a story to go along with an instrumental song?

May you find your Muse.

18 comments:

Christine Rains said...

What an awesome collection with stories by so many of my favorite writer friends! Congratulations! :) I like putting new twists on fairy tales.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! Samantha pulls together so much talent.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Ooh, a very cool list of writers there. Yourself included. I'm excited to check this one out. Congrats!

Stephen Tremp said...

Been thinking od just such a thing these days. I have lots of stories swirling around in my head these days. Just have to get those outlines on a Word doc and go from there.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Great list of contributors. I think retelling fairy tales is a theme that never gets old.

Al Diaz said...

Hi there, Shannon! Long time no see but I came just on time to see this wonderful piece of news. Another great anthology put together by awesome Sam and a great group of writers!! I'm so jealous. Sam's projects are always fun and full of good music. Congratulations!

Michelle Wallace said...

I'm thrilled and honored to have my story included in this wonderful project!
And yes, Sam's collaborative projects are always fun!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool! Congratulations!!!!

BTW - I gave you the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!

dolorah said...

I like reinvented fairy tales. Sounds like a book for me.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you! Fairy tales have so much to play with. I do love a good twist on a fairy tale!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Samantha is wonderful! She has some amazing ideas.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Have fun putting those together!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Let's hope not!

Shannon Lawrence said...

They are, aren't they? I've enjoyed working with her. And hi!

Shannon Lawrence said...

I'm delighted to share a book with you!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you, Tyrean! I've just realized I never passed it along.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I hope you enjoy it!