Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Linky-Dinky-Doo

Having a snow day confused me, and I almost forgot today was Wednesday! So directly to the links I go.

Also, there is a really good chance that my horror list book review will be next week instead of this week, because of limited reading time and having trouble getting into the next book I was going to review. We'll see.

Accepting Submissions:

Evil Girlfriend Media is putting together an anthology of strong females in fantasy: Women in Practical Armor. 2000-5000 words. Advance of $.06/word. Deadline April 1.

Hidden Clearing Books is accepting submissions for Shorties. Short story up to 1500 words or a poem up to 100 lines. Literary or speculative. Deadline March 31. Pays $15, plus a contributor copy.

Explicit Books is accepting erotic short story submission for an anthology. 3500 to 7500 words. Pays $.03/word. Deadline March 19. 

Darkhouse Books is seeking submissions for the anthology Destination: Mystery. These should be cozy mysteries set in vacation destinations. 2500 to 7500 words. Pay unknown. Deadline March 31. 

Crossed Genres Magazine has a monthly theme for submissions. This month's is Novelettes. Typically, they do short stories, so this is a one-time theme. Any speculative fiction. 6000-12,000 words. Pays $.06/word. Deadline March 31. You also still have a few days for the Success theme. Deadline February 28.

eSpec Books is seeking Weird Wild West stories for an anthology. 3000-9000 words. Royalty share and contributor copies, plus discounts on additional copies. Deadline March 31. 

Broken Eye Books wants your stories for Tomorrow's Cthulhu. 4000 words or less. Pays $.06/words. Deadline April 1.

Maxim Jakubowski and Constable Robinson need Jack the Ripper stories for The Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper Tales. 4000-7500 words. Pays $215. Deadline April 1.

Imaginate posts a photo prompt every quarter. The current prompt is up. Flash fiction up to 100 words, short stories up to 2500 words. Pays $.05/word. Deadline April 1.

Contests:

Brilliant Flash Fiction does photo prompt contests every few months. The current photo prompt is up with a deadline of March 15. Up to 1000 words. Prize is 100 euro.

Any of these of interest? Anything to share? How are you doing with submissions? Got anything out there? Any publishing news?

May you find your Muse.

14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Snow days this week have confused me. But they did get me out of work, so that works.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

You always share such a great list. I remind my daughter to check it out. Snow days seem to happen every week this year.

Christine Rains said...

I'm ready to be done with winter! Thanks for the links. :)

Crystal Collier said...

Yay for linkies!

I get the whole having-a-hard-time getting into a book. For a little while there I was totally on a short story kick, and suddenly I wasn't anymore. Now all I want is a novel to knock my socks off. It's funny how moods change, eh?

Arlee Bird said...

I see snow on the mountains but no snow days in L.A. Now to figure out what the heck Cthulhu is.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Donna K. Weaver said...

Our weather turned cold again after a very mild winter. No snow, but I'm okay with that as long as the mountains get it.

Maurice Mitchell said...

"Cozy mysteries set in vacation destinations" always sound interesting to me

Pat Hatt said...

Ugg to the sow, so much of it that it can confuse anyone

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the links! And, I just received a rejection letter, haven't written my W1S1 this month . . .but I might have time for something short today or tomorrow in the few days I have between massive projects. :)
I hope the snow goes away for you!

Chrys Fey said...

I like the title for this post. ;) Looking at those submissions makes me wish I had short stories ready to go. With everything I have going on, I don't think I'll be able to write and edit something in time.

Nas said...

Thanks for all these information and the links.

Unknown said...

Wow, thank you for yet another excellent list. Where do you find so many???

Michelle Wallace said...

Lots of great links here. Thanks Shannon!

DMS said...

Looks like a lot of great resources for everyone! I get confused by snow days too. I am always amazed at how much my week gets thrown off.

I haven't been writing as much in February as I would have liked. It was so cold it was hard to get off my couch when I got home from work. I am hoping March will be better. :)
~Jess