That being said, I'm bound and determined to do better this year. I'm not one to set New Year's resolutions, but I have no problem with setting goals for the year to come.
It's been awhile since I posted a Project 52 update, so I figured I'd post my update, then add goals for the new year to fill it back up to 52 goals for 2012.
13. Prepare flash fiction contest. (See HERE for more information on the contest).
21. Find old floppies with saved writing. (This is not technically completed, but is being removed, as I have discovered said floppies appear to be gone forever).
25. Check out RMFW and consider membership. (I have checked it out and do intend to become a member)>
27. Make blog tabs for resources, prompts, publications. (I made the tabs for what I wanted for the time being).
37. Research non-fiction book. (I'm removing this, because I've lost my enthusiasm for this particular project, but am considering another).
38. Start Scrivener file and introduction for non-fiction book. (Removing for the same reason as 37).
46. Post a weekly photo through the end of the year. (Accomplished, yay!)
50. Discover at least 1 new blog per week. (Done, and then some, yay!)
With these removed, I now have a list of 37. Considering I started the journey fairly late into the year, I'm satisfied with that completion rate, especially as some of those still on the list are partially, if not mostly, completed.
The rest of my list is as follows:
38. Prepare for the 2012 A to Z.
39. Contact publications about flash fiction contest.
40. Submit at least one flash fiction piece for publication.
41. Spend less time on the computer (unless writing).
42. Try hand at travel writing.
43. Submit one travel writing piece for publication.
44. Take four "field trips" this year.
45. Read at least two books on writing.
46. Establish writing routine through beginning of summer.
47. Join Friends of PPLD and RMFW.
48. Register for Pikes Peak Writers Conference.
49. Finish listening to writer's workshop materials.
50. Attend more writer's meetings.
51. Get better about reading through Writer's Digest magazines when they arrive.
52. Write at least five How-to articles for Helium.
What are your goals for the year?
May you find your Muse.