Thursday, November 30, 2017

ShaNo Wrap-up

It's the last day of November. A day when frantic writers everywhere are pounding away at keyboards, scribbling away at notepads, chattering away at voice programs, all in the hopes of finishing those last few thousand words to declare themselves NaNoWriMo winners.

So it's time for me to revisit my ShaNoShoStoWriEdSubMo goals for the month. I don't do NaNo proper, but I set myself the following goals for the month:



1. Create a business plan and timeline for the next year.
2. Finish Nuts! (horror comedy) (about 20,000 words) (Wrote about 3000 words)
3. Edit three short stories currently pending edits.
4. Write two new short stories. (STARTED 4 new, but did not finish them)
5. Submit newly edited stories.
6. Outline craft book.
7. Get all rejected stories resubmitted.
8. Send five more queries for Wendigo Nights. (current novel on submission)

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good. I would have liked to have gotten more new words written, but what I got done helped a lot with things I was stressing about, and frees my time up for writing this month. I was having trouble writing due to being consumed by figuring out my business plan, etc. I also got a lot of research done, which wasn't on the list, but should have been.

So WOOT!

Link time! Bear in mind that I'm not endorsing these, merely passing them along. Always do your own due diligence before submitting.

Accepting Submissions:

Pedestal Magazine is seeking poetry for their next issue. Submit up to 5 poems. Pays $40 per accepted poem. Deadline December 3.

Mslexia is seeking poetry and prose with the theme Bewitched. Up to 2200 words. Does not specify pay. Deadline December 4.

Mason Jar Press is seeking short urban fantasy stories for Broken Metropolis Anthology: Queer Tales of a City That Never Was. Queer perspectives. Up to 6000 words. Pays $.02/word. Deadline December 7.

Fantasia Divinity Magazine is seeking short stories for Out of Your Shadow Anthology: Empowered Sidekicks. 500 to 10,500 words. Pays one-half cent per word. Deadline December 10.

Eye to the Telescope is seeking poetry for Arthuriana. They want anything Arthurian and speculative. Submit 1-5 poems. Pays $.03/word up to $25. Deadline December 15.

Love & Bubbles is a Kickstarter project anthology. They're looking for romance under the sea (not ON it). Up to 5000 words. Depending upon the success of the Kickstarter, authors will be paid between $50 and $300. Deadline December 20.

So how did you do with your NaNo goals? Whether you "won" or not, how do you feel about what you accomplished this month? Any of these links of interest? Anything to share?

May you find your Muse.




13 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Well done, Shannon! Looks like you had a very productive month. I won NaNo but it was rough going.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You scored most of your goals!

The Cynical Sailor said...

Well done! You've had a heck of a month with lots of tick marks against your goals.

H. R. Sinclair said...

That's darn good. The percentages are in your favor! :) I say that deserved a nice pat on the back.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

We always want more words but you did really good.

Jennifer Lee Rossman said...

Congratulations!

Love & Bubbles - that's my friend's anthology!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shannon - that looks good .. and you were well on your way to achieving so much ... well done - cheers Hilary

John Wiswell said...

That's quite a few goals reached. Congratulations!

Christine Rains said...

You did awesome! I need to get my rejected stories resubmitted too. I didn't participate in NaNo, but November was a slow month writing-wise for me. Hopefully December will be much more productive!

Mark said...

Power to you for knocking out those goals! I'm hopeless at NaNoWriMo, but hopefully the following month brings better inspiration:)

Patsy said...

That's excellent progress!

Liza said...

Congrats on all your achievements this month. I have never done NaNo, but like you, sometimes develop my own set of challenges for November. Whatever works, right?

Anonymous said...

So Woot! is right! You've had an amazing month. Thanks for the inspiration.