Up until this time, my husband's superpower was slightly more powerful than mine, so there was this happy equilibrium amidst our electronics. However, mine has finally reached its full potential and overcome his powers. So sad.
I say all this to explain that there will be no helpful links today. I just barely caught up on stuff yesterday, and I didn't get to do my usual perusal of all the good stuff out there. I apologize! You can give me twenty lashes later. (Please do not take me literally and hunt me down to give me lashes; it would make me sad).
What does not make me sad is that the bighorns showed up the other day and I was able to grab my camera and race back to a spot near Garden of the Gods, where I got the closest to them I've ever been! I was so close, in fact, that they kept approaching me, and I had to back away slowly. I'm pretty sure if one of those guys decided to ram me I would regret it for life.
It was terribly peaceful out there, listening to them munch on the grass. By the time I got back to them with my camera, all the other spectators had vacated the premises, so I had them all to myself. The sun was on its way behind the mountains. The temperature was divinely warm. I could have stayed there forever, but I needed to get back home.
I figured I'd share some of the pics I got for now-no-longer-[Mostly] Wordless Wednesday.
THE END (hahahaha)
In lieu of helpful links, I've been given some awards and want to acknowledge them and thank those who gave them to me! Thank you! I really appreciate you thinking of me. I will answer the question requirements all together after the awards.
Dawn, of Since You Asked gave me the Sunshine Award!
Konstanz, at No Thought Too Small (and also an A-to-Z co-host), gave me the Versatile Blogger Award.
Yadin, of Yadin Bromberg, gave me the Versatile Blogger Award, as well!
Favorite Color- Blues and purples. Really, I like all (most?) colors. They all seem to be able to make me feel one way or another.
Favorite Animal- Boy am I going to come across as wishy-washy, but I like all kinds of animals, especially if they'll let me photograph them! However, I do seem to have a preference for predators. Mountain lions are gorgeous and powerful animals, so we'll go with them for today.
Favorite Number- 13
Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink- Depends on the day (sigh), but I'm really liking iced tea with the warming temperatures right now.
Facebook or Twitter- Facebook. All the way.
My Passions Are- Oh boy, you don't want me to launch into that one! We'll go with the simple answers, which are my family, writing and photography.
Getting or Giving Presents- I prefer giving them. I'm always so excited that I have a hard time waiting until the giving moment, and people often get their gifts early.
Favorite Patterns- I, uh...? I like it when random patterns appear in life. Like when I'm driving down the road and find that I'm suddenly surrounded by cars that are all the same color, like a fleet of red cars. It's when they're all black, with tinted windows and government plates that I get nervous...
Favorite Day of the Week- Friday; I greet it with such a sense of relief, yet Saturday always ends up so busy that the relief goes away.
Favorite Flower- Wild ones!
Versatile Blogger Award:
I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself.
1. Did you see in the beginning of this post that I have anti-technology powers? Well, it goes further than that. I have electric superpowers, as well. If I'm upset, light bulbs blow up. Same goes for any technology I may touch. I can't wear watches, because I burn out the batteries almost instantly (my grandfather had a heart condition related to this, but I forget what it's called). Yeah, take that, Drew Barrymore! You start fires; I kill electricity and technology! Boy, was I born in the wrong era!
2. I didn't appreciate Colorado nearly as much until I was constantly being faced with possibly having to move. My desperation to stay birthed a love affair with the state I've lived in since I was 12.
3. I've had insomnia since middle school, which I have only recently begun to learn to tame.
4. I confess...I only have two blog posts written for the A-to-Z, so far. Gasp!
5. I love fog. I love to walk in the fog and feel those tiny drops against my skin. I love to open the windows and gaze at the fog as it rolls down the hogback ridge and the mountains. I love the smell of fog. It all makes me feel so peaceful.
6. I've lived in California, Oregon, Maryland and Colorado.
7. I don't really believe in writer's block.
I'm not going to list 15 other people, but I do want to recommend the bloggers who passed these awards onto me. Please check out their pages! Three is easier than 15, right?
Do you believe in writer's block? Do you like the fog? Where have you lived?
I'm taking some field trips with the kiddos for spring break this week, so I hope to have some fun field trip [Mostly] Wordless Wednesdays coming up, probably after the A-to-Z Challenge. Don't forget to sign up if you've been waffling! We'd love to get to 1500 participants. We've surpassed 1200 at this time, and signups close on April 2. You can find the linky list on the A-to-Z tab at the top of my blog.
May you find your Muse.