Wednesday, May 20, 2015

[Mostly] Wordless Wednesday - Weekend Trip & Links

We went up to Estes Park this weekend to visit an out of state friend, and I snapped a couple shots, including the obligatory elk photo.




Now, straight to the links! I am not endorsing any of these places unless I specifically say I am. These are just links I happen across and pass along.

Accepting Submissions:

Liminoid Magazine is open for submissions for their summer issue. 500-10,000 words. They want fiction that challenges the boundaries of genre. Pays $20 per piece. Deadline June 10.

Inkstained Succubus Press is looking for stories for their anthology Have Quest, Will Travel. They take speculative fiction and erotica with a twist, and specialize in QUILTBAG fiction. A happy ending is required for this story. 4000-10,000 words. Pays in royalties. Deadline June 15.

18th Wall is open for submissions for Those Who Live Long Forgotten II. What they want is a mythological creature or fictional character brought to life. Pretend they were real and write us a story of how they were lost to myth. All genres. 2500-10,000 words. Royalties. Deadline June 15.

Freeze Frame Fiction wants qualify flash fiction in any genre. Up to 1000 words. Pays $10 per piece. Deadline June 15. They also have a themed version closing the same day with a YA theme.

Sorcerous Signals is reading for their November issue. Fantasy. Up to 10,000 words. Pays $5 for short stories, $2 for poetry. Deadline June 15.

Wolfsinger Publications is looking for villains for Under a Dark Sign. Speculative fiction. Up to 7000 words. Payment is $5, plus royalties. Deadline June 15.

Garden Gnome Publications has several anthologies closing the same day. The themes are Garden of Eden, Deluge (think Great Flood), Sulfurings, and Land of Nod. Flash fiction, short stories, narrative poems, and novelettes. Pays $3 to $13, depending on submission type, or $.003/word for novelettes. Deadline June 23.

Lackington's is open for stories with the themes of Dreamings and Architecture. Speculative fiction. 1500-5000 words. $.01/word CAD. I didn't see a deadline, but these are for specific issues, so I'd go with sooner, rather than later.

Of Interest:

I saw this one on Alex's page and am passing it along. Authors United Against Child Slavery is a campaign to raise money for Operation Underground Railroad. Those who contribute $20 or more get various rewards, starting with a free book from a participating author.

Blogger Traci Kenworth posted a ton of links to helpful articles for authors, even splitting them by genre. There might be something for you. And, hey, I made the cut with one of my diversity posts! For some reason, it's not letting me leave a comment for her, though. :(

Any of these of interest? Taking any vacations this summer? Anything to share? Any publication news? 

May you find your Muse.

19 comments:

Chrys Fey said...

That Elk photo is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to investigate the links further, but a few of them sound useful to my needs! The photos are awesome! Very pretty. :)
I'm not sure of my summer. Next month I'm going to a weekend long anime convention and I may go see the Alamo after that, but I'd really love to just go camping *sigh*

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That elk is hanging out like he owns the place!

Liz Blocker said...

obligatory elk photo, huh? I love it :) We're headed up to Montreal this weekend, but I don't think it's going to be as beautiful as your pics!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Looks lovely. I miss visiting your lovely state this summer.

Andrew Leon said...

I ate elk once.

Unknown said...

Wow! The images are really awesome to look! I wish to take such weekend trip

shelly said...

Hi, Shannon:

Love your beautiful pics! And thank you for the links.

Traci Kenworth said...

Hi, Sharon, I'll have to check the comments buttons. Thanks for the shout-out!! Glad the links proved useful.

Shannon Lawrence said...

There was a whole herd just lazing around on the grass.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I'd love to go see the Alamo. We've never made it quite far enough south for that.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I'm pretty sure wherever he is, he owns it!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Ha! Every time I see an elk in Estes Park, I'm tempted to take a photo. I figure by now it's obligatory to post it. ;) I hope you had a great time in Montreal!

Shannon Lawrence said...

No visit this summer?

Shannon Lawrence said...

So did I. :D

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thanks!

Shannon Lawrence said...

It was lovely up there, even though it was overcast.

Shannon Lawrence said...

They did! It allowed me to make a comment, but said it needed approval. I later got an email saying there was an error or other issue (I'm afraid I don't remember the actual issue at this point.)

Shannon Lawrence said...

They did! It allowed me to make a comment, but said it needed approval. I later got an email saying there was an error or other issue (I'm afraid I don't remember the actual issue at this point.)