Friday, April 29, 2011

Z is for...

Zenith.

From dictionary.com: A highest point or state; culmination.

We have reached the culmination of the A to Z Challenge! It's been fun, but I would be lying if I didn't say I was relieved it was done. I do enjoy pushing myself to write to a prompt, though, and it worked toward that purpose this month.

For some letters, I had huge lists of things I would enjoy talking about, and I had to whittle it down to just one or two (or more, in the instance of "K" and any other I may have forgotten about). For others, I was bordering on pounding my head on the desk to figure out something, anything, that would fit the letter without being too cheesy and that I could actually write to on that particular night. I may have to use some of the other words I listed and didn't use for future posts.

No matter what, I feel it was worthwhile. I met so many great people, found so many valuable blogs, whether because they had to do with my craft or because they interested me for other reasons (or both). I had no idea what the blogging community was really like, and how welcoming everyone was, until I did this challenge, and I'm grateful for that.

I'm also looking forward to being able to keep up with those blogs I found, rather than everyone posting every single day. It was too much to keep up with, and I know I probably missed some wonderful posts. I do intend to go back and look further back through everyone's blogs, as well as to try and visit those blogs I never got a chance to on the list.

I'd like to thank our hosts for doing all the work this must have involved and to putting it out there. Thank you to all of you!

How do you feel now that it's done? What do you feel you gained by doing this, and was it worth it? Think you'll do it next year?

Happy Writing!

14 comments:

Aurora Smith said...

I missed about 6, but as a mom of three boys, I think I went above and beyond. LOL

mooderino said...

I think keeping up with other blogs was the most time consuming part of it. I hope to keep visiting as many as I can, should be a lot easier now.

A valuable experience for a novice blogger like myself. As for next year... now's probably not the best time to ask.

mood
Moody Writing

Empty Nest Insider said...

I enjoyed meeting you through A-Z! I agree that it'll be nice to keep in touch with bloggers and go back to the one's I've missed, including some of yours! Julie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and well done for reaching the Zenith! :O)

M.J. Fifield said...

Three Cheers for reading the end! I had a great time this year but I don't know about next year. Check back with me in February 2012.

M.J. Fifield said...

That was supposed to be "reaching the end." My bad.

Julie Flanders said...

Congratulations on making it to the end!! I definitely feel the Challenge has been worthwhile, I've had a blast and I'm so glad I did it.
Glad to have discovered your blog! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

Sarah Allen said...

Congrats on finishing! Great job, and I have enjoyed your blog very much.

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Morph Waffle said...

Great Z post, nice word choice! The end of A-Z, it was fun, I'm also kinda relieved that is over! did meet lots of great folks!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Shannon
, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Aurora, I have to agree with you!

Mood, very true. The writing was the least of it.

Julie, exactly how I see it, and it was great to have met you, as well!

Madeleine, thank you!

M.J., congrats out to you, too! I have no idea about next year, but this year was great.

Julie, thank you! It was definitely worth it. Glad to have met you!

Sarah, thank you!

Missy, thanks, it popped into my head and I looked it up to make sure it meant what I though it did, LOL.

Elizabeth, Congratulations to you, as well!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Elizabeth, I'll post about the great A to Z award tomorrow. Love it!

Car Title Loans said...

I loved the prompt of this and was sad I missed out on it at first, but after reading everyone's response on how exhausting it is, I'm glad I didn't get on the train. What do you think the hardest letter for you was?
Ava

Shannon Lawrence said...

Ava, I'd say X, though there were some hard ones that surprised me (as in, I sort of expected X to be hard, but not the others I had trouble with).