Wednesday, April 24, 2024

A Quick Thank You, Square Warning, & Artist's Way Update

This week I wanted to post a thank you to the folks who hosted me for my book launch the last couple months, so I'm sharing some of their recent releases below. First, I'll do a quick update on The Artist's Way. 

I took last week off from following the book, because I had a jam-packed schedule with my book launch and several appointments, including one long one in Denver that had me heading up there an hour north directly after my launch party to stay in a hotel so I could get to the early morning appointment without dealing with the awful commuting traffic.

The launch party went well! My Square wouldn't work, so my husband ended up signing up really quick and handing me his phone to use with my apparatus. (This is where I warn you to sign into your Square account if you haven't since January, because earlier that day I'd found a notice in my account that I wasn't emailed about saying they needed some information from me and deposits would be paused until I gave it. I filled out all the information. It said I could use the Square as usual, but deposits wouldn't start up again until they'd evaluated the info. But when I got to the party, every card we tried was declined. I got the approval that same night from them. So go check your Square and make sure the same thing doesn't happen to you! Because it sucked!) But I got to see some friends and chat with folks. In fact, I was so nice and busy chatting with folks that I forgot to take any photos, and never got a bite of my food until I ran home to get my suitcase that night. The only picture I have is from the owner of Lebowski's Taproom, where I had the party. (And yes, it is themed after The Big Lebowski -- it's a new place, with a great laid-back atmosphere).

Artist's Way Update: I'm in Week 6: Recovering a Sense of Abundance. This section is about questioning how you view money, considering "luxury" and self-pampering in small ways, and cutting out space for yourself. An assignment this week that I'm looking forward to is sending postcards to some friends. My artist date will be going out to find those postcards. If I'd realized what an easy week this one was for the tasks, I might not have skipped it? Okay, I probably still would have. While it's not covered in the lesson, I feel like the tasks are also helping to recover a sense of wonder, as two of the tasks are finding rocks and flowers; these tasks are labeled "Natural Abundance." It also calls for tracking your spending each day of the week to see what you're spending it on, and whether any of that spending is for things that make you happy or pamper you. So far, I've bought groceries and paid a couple medical bills, so, uh, I need to work on that, ha!

Okay, time for some books! Thank you so much to everyone to helped with the book launch!


iTunes

Amazon

B&N

Kobo

Scribd

Goodreads

Alex's Website



Universal Link

H.R. Sinclair's Website



Universal Link

Jonathan & Kristina's Website



Amazon

Sandra's Website



Universal Link

DeAnna's Website



Amazon

Patricia's Website



Amazon

Toi's Website



Amanda's Website

I hope you see a book you might like to check out!

Do you feel money stands in the way of your creativity? Do you pamper yourself ever? Did you get the same notice from Square?

May you find your Muse.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you had issues with Square. And didn't get any photos! It happens - you were just busy enjoying the moment.
Thanks for the mention and always glad to help author friends!

Toi Thomas said...

Sorry to hear you had trouble with Square but it's a good reminder for me to check mine. Thanks for the mentions. I hope more people discover your book in time. It sounds like a fun read.

H. R. Sinclair said...

What is Square? 😁

Thank you! Hey and I found a few new books and authors to read/follow!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'm glad your book launch went well. Too bad you had trouble with Square. We had some issues with it when our theatre group used it to take credit card sales.

LT said...

So happy to find you again Shannon and congrats on a good launch and EVERYTHING you are doing, including Artists Way. I did it in 1994-5 and it changed me forever! xoxoxo