Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Craft Book Recommendation & The Vibes Podcast Appearance

It's been a while since I read a craft book, and I felt like I needed something inspirational, so I found Ray Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing.


This is exactly what I needed, so I wanted to pass it along. It's a collection of essays about writing and being a writer. They're realistic, rather than being like those books written by folks who stumbled into some massive piece of luck and then pass it off as the norm in books, just making you feel crappy. Plus, I'm fascinated by the snippets of his life and history that come through in the essays.

Don't come to these essays expecting to be told how to write or anything that straight forward, but do expect to be inspired and entertained.

The random days in the upper 60s we got that were full of sunshine also didn't hurt. In the picture above, I was enjoying the sun on my front porch with a cup of warm chai and Bradbury's book. I haven't finished it yet, but was eager to pass it along.


I was also interviewed on The Vibes podcast, which you can check out in the following places:

YouTube

Rumble

Odysee

Koyote was a great guy to chat with, super chill and interesting. I really enjoy getting to meet new and interesting folks on these podcasts. It's a little less than 30 minutes long.

And, of course, I'm still looking for folks to help get the word out about my upcoming book launch in March! You can sign up at this LINK.

Or if you like to share on social media, this image has the universal link on it so people can find the book at their favorite online bookstore. Feel free to share, and much appreciation for any help!


Have you ever read this Bradbury book? Are there any other inspirational craft books you'd recommend? Do you listen to podcasts?

May you find your Muse.


3 comments:

ib said...

Shannon, Indiana has witnessed an unnatural warming over the last couple of days where we had seen temps in 50 and 60's, only to be brought back down to the low 30's and snow today. I haven't read any craft books and have listened to only a few podcasts but would like to take in more. Maybe even participate in one someday. My nephew regularly contributes to sports podcast that his buddies post and I have listened in on occasion. I was able to sign up for your launch and look forward to helping out.

Steven Arellano Rose Jr. said...

I have and read a copy of Bradbury's "Zen". As you said, it's not so much a How-to book as an inspirational one. It's very helpful with coming up with ideas and dealing with writers block!

I signed up on the form several weeks ago I think to interview you for your book. I dont remember getting any confirmation though. Maybe it didnt go through?

Shannon Lawrence said...

ib, we had the exact same weather here! It was nearly 70 on Tuesday, snow on Wednesday, and today it was nice enough for me to sit outside again. I see your sign up, and should have everything to you by the end of this weekend, thank you!

Steven, I think Zen is going to be a new favorite. I did not get your sign up, so something must have gone wrong.