Wednesday, September 1, 2021

IWSG - It's Writing Time!

 Ack! I'm late getting this up, but caught up in work on the podcast last night and totally forgot to get the post written ahead.

Soooo...it's the first Wednesday of September, which means it's time for the Insecure Writer's Support Group.


Created by Alex J. Cavanaugh, this group exists to seek and provide support to insecure writers. Anyone can join. Just click on Alex's name above and put your blog on the linky list. Then hop around and visit your fellow IWSG'ers. 

The co-hosts this month are:

Rebecca Douglass, T. Powell Coltrin @Journaling Woman, Natalie Aguirre, Karen Lynn, and C. Lee McKenzie!


Since it's mid-afternoon and I'm just getting this post up, I'm going to keep it brief. 

I FINISHED SCHOOL!!!!

I'm just waiting to get that shiny diploma in the mail. 

That also means I've started planning out writing-related business, but I'm also trying to take it easy for a bit. Completing a Bachelor's in less than a year has left me in a weird sort of mental limbo. It was the only thing I could focus on if I wanted to make it happen, and now with that removed my brain is just kind of twitching in my skull, because it doesn't know what to do. But I've already sat down and set some deadlines, plus started a plan, and I'm looking forward to doing all the writing things!

My submission stats this month (you'll notice there's quite a difference from past months):

In August, there were:

16 submissions

2 acceptances

6 rejections

21 stories currently on submission

I hope your summer was magnificent, as it draws to a close. 

Have you been submitting? What are your stats? Any good news to share? What are your insecurities?

May you find your Muse.

21 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sure writing and other fun stuff will start to fill your brain again soon.

Karen Lynn said...

Congratulations graduation and on your acceptances; can't wait until you can let us know where we can read those stories. Happy IWSG Day!

Olga Godim said...

Big congrats on getting your degree. That's a huge accomplishment. Now you deserve some rest and celebration before diving into the writing. Ice-cream and wine, girl!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats on the degree! Summer sped by so fast, I didn't have a chance to enjoy more than 2 weeks of it.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Definitely! It's just strange until I get there.

Shannon Lawrence said...

One of them is even a mystery, which I forgot to mention, rather than horror! I'll let everyone know once I have definite publication dates.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I actually went out with my mom and husband to celebrate tonight! So nice. I've also been catching up on new releases on Shudder and reading more, which has been nice.

Shannon Lawrence said...

This was definitely a strange, fast summer. I'm hoping to enjoy more of it next year, and I hope the same for you!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on finishing your degree. I'm so impressed that you've been submitting while you go through this process.

Yvonne Ventresca said...

Congrats on your degree and on your submissions!

Christine Rains said...

Congratulations on your degree and the stats! You are awesome. :) I currently have 4 stories in submission, but it's been a good rejection type of year.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Twitching brain - LOL! Congrats on finishing the degree and so quickly.

emaginette said...

Congrats! I'm thrilled for you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a tremendous achievement on finishing your degree! Congrats! You'll need to find some new challenges for that twitching brain. Unsupervised, it could cause some mischief.

cleemckenzie said...

Unless I'm mistaken those acceptances are piling up! Great job.

Liza said...

Congratulations on your bachelor's. How wonderful. And it looks like you've kept writing and submitting. That's a lot at once and you should be proud!

Vani Maximus said...

First off congratulations of finishing up your bachelors! It's a wonderful feeling and I am proud that you are submitting a lot of your work already, keep on submitting it and you get more books out.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shannon - congratulations on finishing your degree - really good news, and yes I can understand the funny state of one's brain! But you'll find plenty to fill it and settle back into the writing pattern of life. Good luck with all your strands of life - cheers Hilary

Tanya Miranda said...

Good for you! Seriously, I can imagine the mental drain you’ve been going through to squeeze all that learning in such a small amount of time. Huge accomplishment. Congrats!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Congratulations on the degree. Yes, you need to take a short break and recharge before the next stage starts. And celebrate.

Rebecca M. Douglass said...

Wow, giant congrats on completing the degree--and on those fantastic submission stats!