Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Podcast News!

Hi there!

First, I want to thank everyone who helped in spreading the word about my new release! Whether it was blog friends helping me by allowing me by featuring it on their blogs or friends who shared it on their social media, I appreciate every bit of help!

Second, remember all those months ago when I mentioned putting together a podcast? Well, it's out and about in the world, and I realized I hadn't shared it here on my blog!


My co-host, MB Partlow, and I have released our third episode as of today! Mysteries, Monsters, & Mayhem is about true crime, the paranormal, cryptids, and other freaky things. You can listen via most podcasting services (some take longer for processing), with a new episode every week on Wednesday mornings.

So far, we've talked about the Gator and Reptile Farm in Mosca, CO; the murder of Heather Dawn Church; the ghosts of Riverside in Thornton; a set of historical axe murders in Colorado Springs; the serial killer who came after my mom when I was in the car with her (yes, I'm finally releasing his name, and I explain why on the podcast); and an entire town that looked the other way over a murder in New York.

If you don't have a go-to service for your podcasts, you can also listen to it directly on our website.

Podcast Website

Podcast Facebook Page

I hope you'll listen and let me know what you think! We post some pictures and links about the episodes on the Facebook page, and our new episodes appear on our website by about 2 AM on Wednesday mornings (7 AM on our Facebook page), all Mountain Time.

And for those who haven't seen it yet, you can find my new release at the below links! Despite the book cover, these are NOT just Christmas horror stories. There are two of those, but the others cover holidays between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day, including Hanukkah, New Year's, and Groundhog Day, and more!


Amazon Paperback (US--links for other countries are available on my Publications tab)

Universal Link (this will take you to a page that lets you choose which e-book retailer you get it from)

Finally, our local library district puts on an event each year called Mountain of Authors. Sadly, this year they had to move it online due to COVID, but they still had us do something called a Book Buzz, where we recorded a couple minutes of why people should buy our book. Not being a natural salesperson, it was nerve-wracking to do, but I appreciate the opportunity. I'm embedding the link here so you can see what a dork I am.

It's a funny life for someone who has long tried to stay out of the limelight. I have some readings I'll be posting eventually, too! One humiliation at a time. 

Thank you for stopping by!

Do you listen to podcasts? What are your favorites? Where do you listen to them? Would you be able to talk for a minimum number of minutes about your new release? 

May you find your Muse.

5 comments:

Steven Arellano Rose Jr. said...

I try to listen to podcasts when I get the time. I'm more of a blog reader when it comes to that sort of thing. Your podcast sounds interesting. I'll try to check it out sometime.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That sounds like a fun podcast and a great way to get yourself out there.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like a great podcast. I listen to a few podcasts on the craft of writing when I have time.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I've listened to a few about marketing. But my internet isn't the best, so I often get kicked out.

DMS said...

Congrats on the podcast! Sounds fun! I haven't listened to many podcasts so far- but I keep thinking I will check them out soon. :)
~Jess