Monday, November 24, 2014

ShaNo Update, Week 3

Hey, hey, hey, it's the end of the third week of ShaNoShoStoWriEdSubMo! One more week to go. This is where I stand on my goals:

Writing

Write 1 new flash fiction piece
Write 1 new vignette (still trying to fully figure out the form)
Write 2 new short stories
Write at least 5000 new words on WIP #2
Write at least 2700 additional words to the above goals

Editing

Edit 2 flash fiction pieces awaiting editing
Edit 3 2 short stories awaiting editing 
Edit at least 5 chapters of WIP #1

Submitting

Re-submit pieces currently awaiting submission
Submit newly edited pieces from above (Submitted the one short story and the flash fiction pieces I edited)
Re-submit rejected pieces

I added two goals: Write at least 2700 additional words to the above goals and Re-submit rejected pieces. I've completed the re-submission, but that goal will open back up if I get any rejections this week. And yes, the one I was so sad about on Wednesday was among those re-submitted. The 2700 words additional are because of a meme I posted on Facebook this week. 100 words per like, 27 likes.

As you can see, I have a lot of goals remaining for completion this week, but the kids are out of school, so my time available could go either way. I don't have to play chauffeur all week and I have no events other than some write-ins. Then again, I have a few things I want to do with them over the break, so we'll see. 

My writing goals were on top of a bunch of to-dos not related to writing, so I've had to balance them. Anything remaining at the end of the month carries over into December. I do this each year to get back into better habits, not to add stress onto the holidays, and I'm happy with what I've accomplished, so far, and hyped for the rest of it. 

Next week I intend to let you know how I did in closing out ShaNo, then review what I need to do to complete the goals I set for 2014 last December, so I can hopefully close out as much of that as possible before the end of the month. 

How are you doing with NaNo, your other goals, or with your overall writing for the month? Kicking butt and taking names or taking it easy over the holidays? Have you reviewed your annual goals to see how you've done? Do you plan on doing that? Do you set annual goals?

May you find your Muse.


18 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

That is interesting with the likes, good luck with the added 2700 works.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you resubmitted that piece. you're really kicking your goals.

Shell Flower said...

Your goals are so detailed and well-broken down that they really do seem achievable. Good job resubmitting your stories, especially the one you were sad about. Have fun with the kids, too! I'm probably going to "win" Nano today or tomorrow. Only 1450 words left to go!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Glad your making progress. I reached my goals early and set some new ones.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Good luck! I hope you make the rest of your goals! Meanwhile, I've come to accept that with the holidays this week I'll achieve almost nothing in terms of writing. That means upping my workload next week.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

You've definitely sets some awesome goals! I am a goal setter. Life has kind of gotten in the way the past three months. Looking forward to a bright new start in January! All my best for your goals.

shelly said...

Way to go, Shannon!

Julie Flanders said...

I love your ShaNo project, what a great idea. Good luck on the submissions!

Mary Aalgaard said...

All your initials for your writing month are funny. Looks like you have many goals for yourself to get the words out and the stories flowing. Good for you! Best wishes.
Play off the Page

Andrew Leon said...

Kicking my cat's butt is about all I have, right now.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I got a lot done, but only half was on my original list. May you do better with yours.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Looks like you are doing well. I'm taking it easy ;)

mshatch said...

I never get as much done as I'd like but at least I'm making progress. I wouldn't mind if my muse wanted to kick it up a notch tho -

Unknown said...

I like the idea of 100 words per like, that's cool! now I gotta go find you on FB so I can fuel your motivation! ;-)

Christine Rains said...

You're doing great! Keep pushing on! I managed to finish the novella I was working on, and one of my industrious CPs even got the critique back to me already. Now I'm working on revising my UF novel. I'm making more progress there than I thought this month. So I'm right on track with my goals. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm doing well with my editing and promoting goals, but I had to abandon two drafts to get those "other" things done.

Wonderful progress. Keep at it.

Michelle Wallace said...

You have a plan...and you're making it work!
I like your Facebook initiative...anything that gets those words onto the page!

Crystal Collier said...

Whew! That's a ton of awesome goals. I'm just working to get caught up with my critique group, revising a story and sending it to the publisher for an anthology, and keeping ahead of the Thanksgiving festivities. Plenty, right?

Unleashing the Dreamworld