Hello, it's time for another [Mostly] Wordless Wednesday!
This is an elephant at the Denver Zoo. I really don't have much else to say about this guy, so I could technically make this a [Completely] Wordless Wednesday. Instead, I will offer you some random elephant facts:
1. Despite the size of their ears, elephants have rather poor hearing.
2. Their eyesight is also poor.
3. They can swim long distances.
4. An elephant was executed for murder in Erwin, TN in 1916. If you'd like to read about Murderous Mary, you can click here, but be warned that there is a sad picture (possibly a phony, if you read the entire article) and the story is somewhat disturbing.
5. Tessie the Elephant was a golf caddy at the Broadmoor, a gift from Rajaf of Najpur. Ultimately, he found her a new home when he built the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
Know any interesting pachyderm facts?