Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesday 7/19/11

It's time for Teaser Tuesday, where I post two sentences from a book I'm reading to whet your appetite and see if it's a book you might be interested in reading.


"She knew what people said--that there were bodies buried all over the state, men who'd met their bloody end at Stella's hands. The truth was that despite beating, interrogating, threatening, and torturing her parolees; despite leaving them with scars, broken bones, burns, post-traumatic stress disorder, even the occasional missing limb--despite all of this, she hadn't killed a single parolee, no matter how blackhearted and irredeemable he was."

This is a Kindle e-book, so I don't have a page number; 33% of the way through. "A Bad Day for Sorry: A Crime Novel," by Sophie Littlefield.

This one's pretty funny!

9 comments:

  1. I like the title of that book.

    Have you noticed that you can see page numbers with some Kindle books but not with others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it certainly is a good title.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser- Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo...I like the title! The teaser totally fits it.

    Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday-mr-monster.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Based on the teaser this sounds like a book I should read.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesdays-something-for-nothing.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. M.J., I think I've had one book with some kind of numbering, so far.

    Yvonne, the title is what made me look at it.

    Summer, I loved that this was the page I happened to be on when I needed a teaser.

    Jessica, the title definitely fits the story!

    Jennifer, I'm enjoying it, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice writing style--and I love the title! Thanks for sharing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alyssia, I love the title, too. I have those days frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This teaser really ropes you in! Mission accomplished! Julie

    ReplyDelete